The Building Inspection Department exists to enforce and administer the construction codes adopted by the City of Centerville, Georgia. The building codes cover not only structural aspects of construction but electrical, plumbing, HVAC, sewer and water, fire codes, etc. Building codes assure that all construction activities meet all requirements of code compliance whether completed by a contractor who should be familiar with the codes or a homeowner who has limited or no knowledge of building codes.
The City of Centerville Building Inspections Department is responsible for issuing permits within the City of Centerville. Building permits cannot be issued until building plans are received & approved by the Building Inspector and Utilities Superintendent.
The Building Inspections Department issues permits for all areas including but not limited to:
- New residential and commercial structures;
- Additions/alterations to existing residential and commercial structures;
- Miscellaneous changes, repairs to and replacement of electrical, plumbing and heating & air systems in all structures;
- Installation /moving of mobile homes in approved mobile home parks by approved movers. Proof of purchase of County tag is required (Decal & County Receipt);
- Installation of swimming pools;
If you are not sure about your permitting needs please contact John Burt, Building Inspector, at 478-953-3222.