What’s Accepted at the Recycling Center?
The Centerville Recycling Center accepts all types of paper. Please separate your recyclables in the following manner:
- Newspaper (including glossy inserts): Remove the newspaper from sacks or plastic wraps before placing in the bin.
- Mixed Paper: This includes junk mail, adding machine tape, phone messages, colored paper, envelopes (including those with plastic windows), brochures, copy paper, newsletters, post-it notes, paper with tape, lined legal, pad or school tablet, notebook paper.
- Computer Paper: We accept green or white bar feeder type computer paper, shredded computer paper.
- Magazines: Before recycling, consider other uses such as sharing with a friend or donate to public facilities.
- Phone Books and White Paper Manuals: We accept these along with the glue binding.
- Regular Cardboard and Paperboard Food Containers: This includes cereal boxes, shoe boxes, chipboard, and brown paper bags.
- Corrugated Cardboard: Moving boxes should be broken down and flattened.
- Drink Boxes/Milk/Juice Carton: These containers are made of paper that is coated with plastic or aluminum. Rinse and flatten all containers before bringing them to the cardboard recycling area.
- Hardback and Paperback Books: We provide special bins for these items.
Metal should be clean and separated into the following categories:
- Ferrous Metals: These metals contain iron, which is magnetic. This includes food containers, metal lids to glass containers, metal hangers, and many appliances. There is a $20 charge for each appliance that contains freon.
- Non-Ferrous Metals: Non-magnetic metals. This includes copper tubing, plumbing materials, electrical wire, brass keys or fixtures, aluminum siding, shed doors, and lead weights.
- Aluminum Drink Cans: These non-magnetic items should be separated from other aluminum products.
The Centerville Recycling Center accepts all color glass bottles.
Other items that the Recycling Center accepts include:
- Motor oil, cooking oil, and antifreeze
- Car Tires
- $5 charge per tire
- $10 charge per tire with rim
- Truck Tires
- $15 charge per tire
- $20 charge per tire with rim
- 12V or larger and rechargeable
- Hearing Aids & Glasses
- Coats for Kids
Please rinse all metal containers before dropping off at the recycling center.
Volunteering at the Recycling Center
If you are interested in volunteering at the Centerville Recycling Center, complete the volunteer release form and contact Centerville City Hall at (478) 953-4734 or the Centerville Recycling Center at (478) 975-0600. You can learn more about the volunteer program here.